Monday, March 14, 2011

Super Moon, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, El Nino and Life

What a week...................


So, last Thursday (after my first blog about Maggie the super dog) my little Miss Mags fell ill with a UTI that traveled to her kidneys, and heart.  Wednesday night she was so ill, I thought for sure I was going to lose her.  She was shaking with every exhale of breath, couldn't stand, and was delirious.  I dug up my puppy medical bag, and pulled out every natural pain killer I owned.  After popping numerous natural pain remedies down her throat she finally was able to find a peaceful rest, and I ever so non patiently waited for my vets to become available.  

The next day, I was a complete WRECK.  For the first time in FIFTEEN years, she didn't eat her breakfast.  I traveled from vet to vet with my little lady (whom could not even stand on her own) trying to get someone to "save" her.  And many hours and hundreds of dollars later, we found that she is perfectly healthy besides a huge urinary tract infection she was fighting.  Now that I knew what sha and I was fighting, I went from a "worried sick mommy" to a "hard ass canine rehab" lady.  For I knew that every day she was "down" (not walking), my chances of getting her back went South.

As I was crying and hand feeding my paralyzed little old girl Friday morning, I was watching the news........  O.M.G.   There apparently was an earthquake off the coast of Japan causing a tsunami believed to kill thousands of people.  Then they showed the picture..............  the picture that will forever be burned into my retinas for the rest of my life..............  the only picture there with the one of my dear passed mother.............  






Yes, your eyes do not deceive you.....  That is an agility course in front of a 30+ foot tsunami.

My life all of a sudden seemed so much better.  Those poor, poor people.....  OMG!!!!  Agility Japan!!!  How are my friends from USDAA Cynosports from Japan???  Were they there?  Practicing? OMG!!  Agility Japan!!

I immediately went to my computer and logged on to Facebook.  As of now, all of the people I know from Agility Japan are OK....  INCLUDING the people who owned and ran the agility field (thanks to a facebook page that has been in contact with them.)  Wow....  God was with them.  

While I am glad about my friends from Agility Japan being ok....  All those poor people who fell victim to this horrible natural disaster.  My heart just breaks for all those good people, and animals.  :(  

As they went on ever too quickly to the nuclear emergency that resulted after this devastation, I realized that I needed to "suck it up, buttercup" and just get to work rehabbing my dog.  My life could be SO MUCH worse!!!  Like my poor dog agility friends in Japan. 

The good news, Maggie has made an INCREDIBLE turn around, and looks to be turning the corner to recovery.  Yay!!  :)  

They have also created a chip in account where people can donate to the agility club who was annihilated by the tsunami.  If you want to "chip in" the link is below.....

http://japanagility.chipin.com/mypages/view/id/fe08f4b1ca7102e5


With all the "wierdness" going on in the world today, the lesson learned this week is:  "In the grand scheme of things, it's not who you are, or what YOUR problems are.  It's how you choose to handle your problems, and compassion you show others."  

SuperMoons, Earthquakes, Tsunami's and El Nino.....  What will you bring next???  Hopefully something good........................  :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment